- that you can browse our website without providing personal information
- what personal information we collect, use and disclose in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (for specific services like news alerts or job postings),
You can browse our website without providing personal information
You can access and browse our site without disclosing your personal information. We do not automatically record personal information and we do not link information that is recorded automatically with personal information about specific individuals. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information.
We automatically record some non-personal information
If you visit our website to read or download information, we automatically record some non-personal statistical information, including:
- the type of browser you use
- the type of operating system you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you have accessed, the links clicked on, and the documents downloaded
- the internet address from which you accessed our site (i.e. IP address)
- the search terms you used to find content on our website, and
- the last site you visited from which you accessed our website
Masterpieces Ltd use the Google Analytics tool to collect and view non-personal visitor statistics so we can:
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications, and
- help make our site more useful to visitors.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form – that is, cookies do not collect personal information.
- for managing subscriptions to news alerts to ensure that only you can change your subscriptions
- wherever a "math question" or other CAPTCHA is used to prevent automated spam submissions
- to remember the options you selected when using a mobile device
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Disabling cookies will not stop you from using our website but it will mean that:
- you can no longer subscribe, manage your subscriptions or unsubscribe, and
- you will not get the improved browsing experiences that the cookies enable.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you:
- fill in an online form
- subscribe to a service (such as our newsletter), or
- correspond with us.
For example, when you sign up to receive news releases or media reports, we will collect your email address when you submit personal information such as name, address and contact details.
Subscribing to a service
If you subscribe to a service through this website, we record your email address in a database. We use your email address only for the purpose of sending you the service. We will not disclose your email address to any third parties.
Subscribing to news releases or incident alerts implies that you have given your consent to receive emails from us, as defined in the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. You can unsubscribe at any time by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your personal information used for?
If you choose to provide personal information, it may be viewable by site administrators, providing administration or other services relating to the website. We only use your personal information for the purpose specified at the point of collection (for example, to email a news release to you).
We will not give your personal information to any other third party organisation or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect that information of that kind is usually passed on to those organisations (for example, companies providing services such as web hosting)
- it will be used in a way that will not identify you (for example, statistical or research purposes).
Rights of access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this website. If you would like to see the personal information relating to what is stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below.